Hornet is a live H.264 video streaming and recording appliance. It is ideal for continuous streaming, event broadcasts, and for instant recording. It can also be used as a decoder.
Live video is converted in real time to industry standard H264 with AAC audio, which is compatible with virtually all modern players, servers, and devices. Hornet allows you to stream live video to systems that support Flash player, HTML5/DASH, and HLS, so you can view on desktops, iPhone, iPad, Android, Smart TV’s, and similar devices.
Excellent HD Quality
Stream and record live video at rates as low as 250 Kbps and at rates up to 20 Mbps. Produce great audio/video quality, rivaling encoders costing more than twice the price.
When used with a Discover Video system solution, Hornet configuration and control is fully automatic. This exclusive feature allows you to use the appliance on a private networks, fully inside a firewall, and configure/control it from the system.
- +12V Input; under 15 Watts total
- Dimensions 1.75” x 6.54” x 6.2”
- Action button to start/stop encoding and for Factory Reset
- Unicast and Multicast
- RTMP push, RTP over UDP, Raw UDP
- Up to 2x Unicast and 1x Multicast simultaneous channel output.
- DHCP (Default) / Static IP Address
- IP Encoder for Streaming Events
- Lecture Capture Encoder
- Digital Signage Appliance
- Point to point trunking
Input / Output
- Video: HDMI v1.4a input and output
- USB 2.0 connector
- Audio embedded in HDMI
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45)
- 1080p60, p60 conv. to p30, p59.94 conv. to p29.97, p30, p29.97, p25, i60, i59.94, i50; 720p60, p59.94, p50
- 1080p60, p59.94, p50, p30, p29.97, p24, p23.98, i60, i59.9, i50, ; 720p60, p59.94, p50; 576p50, i50; 480p59.94, i59.94
- Compression H.264, Baseline, Main, High Profile
- Bit rates 250kbps- 20Mbps; Rate control VBR, CBR
- MPEG-4 AAC-LC in ADTS 64-320kbps; Decode: MPEG-1 Layer 2, MPEG-2/ MPEG 4 AAC in ADTS/LOAS
- Encoder sampling Freq: 32, 44.1, 48KHz; Decode: 48 KHz